Former UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is joining GB News as a presenter, programme maker and commentator.
GB News said that Johnson, who joins in the new year, will play a key role in the channel’s coverage of both the UK general election and the US elections next year.
He will create and present a new series showcasing the power of Britain around the world, as well as hosting the occasional special in front of live audiences around the UK.
Johnson said: “GB News is an insurgent channel with a loyal and growing following. I am excited to say I will be joining shortly - and offering my frank opinions on world affairs.”
He added: “I will be talking about the immense opportunities for Global Britain - as well as the challenges - and why our best days are yet to come.”
In a video Johnson also promised he would “be giving this remarkable new TV channel my unvarnished views on everything from Russia, China, the war in Ukraine, and how we meet all of those challenges, to the huge opportunities that lie ahead for us.”
Johnson, who stepped down as an MP earlier this year, is the latest Conservative politician to join the broadcaster, following former Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg, party deputy chairman Lee Anderson, and husband-and-wife MPs Esther McVey and Philip Davies.
GB News Editorial Director Michael Booker said: “I’m delighted to say, GB News has got Boris ‘done’!
“We are tremendously proud to have him join the GB News family, particularly as we head into a seismic year of politics both here and across the Atlantic.
“Boris has been the most influential Prime Minister of our generation, and his unique insight into domestic and world affairs will be a smash hit with our viewers and listeners.
“As well as his political skills, he’s an incredibly talented journalist and author, so we can’t wait to start working with him on what will be must-see TV.”
Johnson resigned as UK Prime Minister in 2022.
Comedian and actor John Cleese launched a 10-part current affairs series on GB News on Sunday.
Two presenters, Laurence Fox and Calvin Robinson, were sacked earlier this month in the wake of an outcry about Fox’s on-air comments about a female journalist, while fellow host Dan Wootton remains suspended.
You are not signed in
Only registered users can comment on this article.
Rai sports boss resigns after Winter Olympic commentary errors
Paolo Petrecca, Director of Rai Sport at Italian state broadcaster Rai, has resigned after a series of commentary errors during the Milano-Cortina Olympics opening ceremony.
BBC names Directors of Entertainment and Factual
The BBC has restructured its unscripted commissioning department, naming Ed Havard as Director of Entertainment and Fiona Campbell as Director of Factual.
WBD mails definitive proxy statement to finalise Netflix merger
Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) will hold a special meeting of shareholders to vote on the merger with Netflix on March 20, 2026. In the meantime, WBD has begun mailing the definitive proxy statement to shareholders for the meeting.
Sky's talks to acquire ITV slow down
Talks by Sky to acquire ITV’s broadcast channels and streaming platform have slowed in recent weeks, according to a report by Reuters.
Bytedance pledges to rein in Seedance AI tool
Chinese technology giant ByteDance has pledged to curb its controversial artificial intelligence (AI) video-making tool Seedance, following complaints from major studios and streamers.



